Friday, January 25, 2008

Back Home

I am back in America and it seems weird that I could be in Iraq one day and 1/2 way around the world the next. Isn't it amazing?!! Got home Thursday morning around 7:30am - realized I had given all my keys to my friends so they could water my plants and check my mail - thank you so much by the way!! And I was locked out. Luckily my friend was just on her way to work and was able to get me the keys. Because I slept for like 10 out of the 14 hours on the plane, I was not that tired, so I went through my mail, unpacked my bags and did some laundry. It is so nice to be home and to be able to relax for just one day. Suprisingly last night, I slept the entire night through without waking up once. Today (Friday) I am back to work. It was nice to see all my friends at work and to go out for happy hour afterwards. I am off tomorrow to Fort Benning in Columbus, GA for a week long course on what to expect in Iraq. As usual with the military/government, this would have been nice to have completed BEFORE going to Iraq. I've heard that it is a typical "hurry up and wait" Army situation, so I am prepared for the worst. I will be going with three others from my work, so at least I will know some of the people there.

No comments: